- Supported platforms:
- Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- System requirements:
- Requires .NET Framework 2.0 and an internet connection (broadband preferred)
- Current version:
- Release date:
- 5th October, 2010
- File size:
TellyPrompter is a television programme guide and reminder service for UK TV channels.
The application allows you to create flexible programme reminders, and notifies you each day about all of your favourite programmes that are due to be shown in the next week. It also provides search facilities and simple but efficient programme list and grid displays across its set of channels.
TellyPrompter offers listings for around 170 UK TV channels. Listings can easily be customised for analogue, Sky, Virgin Media and Freeview viewers. For more information, see the screenshots and features list below.
TellyPrompter is licenced as freeware and is available to download now.
The programme listings used by TellyPrompter are provided by Radio Times.
TellyPrompter is for personal use only.
|Screenshots (click to enlarge)|
|Full listings for approximately 170 TV channels for the next seven days.|
|Preset configurations for analogue, Sky, Virgin Media and Freeview platforms.|
|Regional configurations change your channel settings based on whether you are in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.|
|Add and remove channels that TellyPrompter displays to suit your personal viewing preferences.|
|The notification window shows you all favourites programmes over the next week each time you log in to your PC.|
|Flexible search options allow you to search for favourite programmes in a variety of ways.|
|Set up favourites to match programmes that are shown infrequently of periodically -- never miss an episode again!|
|Search programme titles and descriptions to help find a wide range of programmes that may be of interest.|
|Lots of additional information available -- launch web pages for programmes and TV channels directly from within TellyPrompter.|
|Automatic programme listing updates.|
|Time-zone aware -- when used outside the UK, TellyPrompter will automatically adjust its display time accordingly.|
|Full on-line help available throughout the application.|
|Automatic update notification when a new version is released, and simple one-click installation of new versions.|
|TellyPrompter is freeware -- you may download and use it for free.|
|Radio Times||The programme listings for TellyPrompter are provided by Radio Times.|
Version 1.9 (5th October, 2010)
- This version should resolve the "muddled listings" problem that occasionally resulted in programmes being shown against the wrong channels.
Version 1.8 (31st July, 2010)
- Made TellyPrompter more resilient to intermittent listing problems on the RadioTimes programme feed.
- Fixed the automatic upgrade process for Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. Upgrading from v1.8 to a later version should once again work automatically without failing due to restricted access rights.
Version 1.7 (21st December, 2009)
- Fixed an error reading the programme listings due to a data feed change.
Version 1.6 (8th October, 2009)
- Added an "importance" setting to favourites. If set to high, a star graphic will appear next to the program each time it is displayed to help draw it to your attention.
- TellyPrompter is now time-zone aware. Whatever your local time zone, TellyPrompter will work out the time in the UK and display this in its information screens.
- If TellyPrompter is left running past midnight, it will now automatically update its listings and user interface for the new day.
Version 1.5 (11th October, 2008)
- Now allows channels to be sorted by channel number or name.
- The Channel Selection window now allows channels from other regions to be displayed if required.
- The Channel Selection window now allows the channel list to be sorted by any of the displayed columns by clicking the appropriate column header.
- Fixed a bug where adding a channel not available on your selected platform caused the channel list to become scrambled.
- TellyPrompter now remembers the positions of its windows, and remembers whether you were using the List or Grid view when starting up.
Version 1.4 (17th September, 2008)
- Added Regional Channel support. This allows channels that are only available in some parts of the UK to be displayed only if you can actually receive that channel. It also allows channel numbers to be reconfigured based upon your location (so for example, if you are in Wales, S4C will appears as channel number 4, instead of Channel 4). For new users, the region can be selected when first starting the program. For existing users, TellyPrompter will default to using a region of "England"; this can be changed from within the Channel Selection window.
- Added channel categories. Each channel now has a category (Entertainment, Music, Sport, etc.) which allows you to see at-a-glance what type of channel you are selecting, and also allows you to add or remove selected channels based upon their categories (for example, you can now easily search all the Sport channels by asking TellyPrompter to include just channels whose category is "Sport").Added a new option to only show the startup notification window once per day. If you log into your computer more than once per day, this can reduce the startup time for your subsequent logins.
- Added a new context menu option to "Send programme details by email." Right-click a programme in the list or grid and select this option to open a new email message in your mail client with the details of the selected programme entered ready to be sent.
- Added a new context menu option to "Copy programme details to the clipboard." Right-click a programme in the list or grid and select this option to copy the details of the selected programme to the clipboard so that you can paste them into another application.
- Added a new context menu item to search for the selected programme in the IMDB (Internet Movie Database)
- After adding a new channel to your channel selection, TellyPrompter will now download the programme details for just the new channel, not the entire channel selection.
- Fixed the Ctrl+(key) shortkey key combinations when viewing the programme grid. Previously the shortcut keys were ignored in this view.
Version 1.3 (13th August, 2008)
- When searching for programmes (both via Favourites and the Find window), "quoted text" can be used to indicate phrases and whole-word-match searches. For example, searching for
"science fiction"(with the quotation marks) will find only programmes containing the two words together. Whole-word searches can be achieved in the same way -- for example, searching for
"environment"(with the quotation marks) will not match the words "environments" or "environmental".
- Added a new option to favourites and searches to ignore programmes which are repeats.
- If full descriptions are switched off in the startup Notification window, subtitles will still be displayed and tooltips are shown when hovering on a programme entry.
- Finally fixed the "Parameter name: s" bug (many thanks to everyone who helped me track that one down!)
- The channel selection form now shows the selected and total channel counts.
- When downloading programmes, existing programme data is not discarded. This makes the download more resilient as a failed download for a channel will fall back to the previously downloaded listing.
- When displaying a channel with no programme data available, TellyPrompter will display a message stating that no data is available.
Version 1.2 (31st May, 2008)
- Switched TellyPrompter's listings provider to Radio Times. This provides a substantially larger number of channels and a much more reliable service than the previous listings provider. Unfortunately (and somewhat surprisingly) there are no radio channels available from the Radio Times feed, so these have had to be removed.
- TellyPrompter now displays a notification message each time new channels are found, allowing you to easily select which channels you wish to add to your channel selection.
- Both the list and grid views now automatically scroll to the current programme when viewing today's listing.
- Basic printing support added. Both the notification alert window and the main programme list can be printed by selecting the File/Print menu option.
Version 1.1.1 (5th February, 2008)
- A minor update to fix a display error with the Programme Grid on some computers.
- Improved handling of errors if the programme data could not be obtained.
Version 1.1 (3rd February, 2008)
- Added a grid view to allow the programmes for all channels to be seen together.
- Real-time updates to the programme display. Both the list and grid will update dynamically as time passes by.
- When selecting programmes in the "search results" and "favourites" lists, the channel ident will update to match the selected programme.
- The channel ident is now displayed within a graphical frame, which looks much nicer.
- Added a "Check for updates" menu option to allow new versions to be detected and installed on demand.
Version 1.0 (25th January, 2008)
- Initial release