|Available now: my new book will tell you everything you need to know to program games for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 devices with C# and MonoGame.||Windows 8 and Windows Phone.|
|WordsUp: A word-based board game with a twist! Available for for Windows Phone and Windows 8.|
|TellyPrompter: TellyPrompter is a television programme guide and reminder service for UK TV channels. Its helpful daily notifications will ensure you never miss your favourite programmes again!|
- Supported platforms:
- Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
- Supported languages:
- Current version:
- Release date:
- November 13th, 2015
- File size:
(You will be redirected to the Retrospec web site -- please start your download from there).
Highway Pursuit is a modern game taking its inspiration from a number of classic arcade games.
It's an action-packed 3d blast along roads filled with enemy agents -- but also with innocent civilians that you should protect at all costs.
Featuring diverse landscapes and scenery, a variety of enemy vehicles, multiple weapons, weather effects, radio communications from your HQ, 3d sound effects, configurable support for keyboard, joysticks and steering wheels, Highway Pursuit is a road trip you shouldn't miss!
Highway Pursuit is produced in association with Retrospec.
Highway Pursuit is available to download now.
|Screenshots (click to enlarge)|
|Fast-paced action-packed arcade action|
|A variety of enemy vehicles with their own attack patterns|
|Multiple weapons: machine guns, oil slick, smoke screen, surface-to-air missiles|
|Radio communications from your HQ keep you informed of dangers ahead|
|Automatic highscore storage and internet upload feature|
|Can be controlled by keyboard, gamepad, joystick or steering wheel|
|Excellent music and 3d sound effects|
|A range of landscapes including forest, urban and desert|
|Highway Pursuit is freeware -- you may download and play it for free.|
|Highway Pursuit FAQ||Have a question about or a problem with the game? It might be answered here.|
|Highway Pursuit on Wikipedia||Wikipedia's article about the game.|
|Retrospec||Retrospec -- home of the highest quality retro remakes.|
|As seen on TV||Highway Pursuit on Sky One's Gamezville in September 2004.|
Version 1.2 (13th November, 2015)
It took ten years, but a new version of Highway Pursuit is available now!
- Fixed an issue that was causing Highway Pursuit to crash at startup on some Windows 10 systems. Unfortunately I have had to remove the anti-aliasing feature for the time being, as this is what was causing the crash.
- Added support for 1920x1080 screen resolution.
- Improved support for playing in MAME cabinets by allowing the Shift, Control and Alt keys to be mapped as game controls.
Version 1.1 (6th Janury, 2005)
- All controls can now be redefined when in Joystick mode, so the steering/acceleration/brake can be mapped to other axes or to controller buttons.
- It is now possible to navigate the menus using the joystick -- see the Use Joystick For Menus option under the Controller settings. The entire game can then be driven without using the keyboard, except for typing in a name for the highscore table (though pressing Fire will save whatever name is already entered without needing to touch the keyboard).
- The last entered highscore table name will be saved between sessions.
- The Escape key will now return to the menu when in Pause mode.
- Additional keys recognised for menu option selection (should fix problems with activating menus on some systems).
- Slightly easier to get into the lorry -- it will steer towards the correct position in front of you.
- Hopefully fixed a bug where the lorry fell into the water while carrying the player car.
- Uninstall now properly cleans up the registry entries and HighwayPursuit directory.
Version 1.0 (12th November, 2003)
- Initial release